Meagher County, Montana - official site - government listings - elections - extension - weeds - boards - treasurer - county health - school superintendent - clerk & recorder

Meagher County, Montana

Contact Us | (406) 547-3612
15 West Main Street - White Sulphur Springs, MT 59645

Quick Links

State Links

Meagher County Clerk & Recorder

Clerk & Recorders Office
Rebekah Duff/Administrative Assistant, Penny Plachy/Deputy Clerk & Recorder, Dayna Ogle/Clerk & Recorder

Dayna Ogle (Clerk & Recorder)
Location: County Courthouse (15 W. Main)
Mailing Address: PO Box 309, White Sulphur Springs, MT  59645
T:  406.547.3023
C:  406.475.5901
F:  406.547.3388

Penny Plachy (Deputy Clerk & Recorder)
Location: County Courthouse (15 W. Main)
Mailing Address: PO Box 309, White Sulphur Springs, MT  59645
T:  406.547.3022
C:  406.475.2628
F:  406.547.3388

The Clerk and Recorder is an Elected Official serving a four year term.
Current Term: January 1, 2019 – December 31, 2020

The Department is responsible for the recording, scanning and indexing of deeds, mortgages, surveys, mining work, resolutions, military discharges and many other various documents. The department also files birth and death records, federal tax liens, notices of action, executions and other miscellaneous documents. In addition the department processes realty transfer certificates, which are used by the Department of Revenue to determine the market value of property.

Requirements and Fees for a document to be Recorded (pdf)


As of October 1, 2006, federal and state regulations require that this office have a copy of a photo ID for any person requesting birth or death records. If you are making your request by mail, please include a copy of both sides of your photo identification. If you don’t have a picture ID, see the request form for other acceptable types of identification.

The birth and death certificate request forms linked on this page can be filled in online and printed out for your convenience. Please mail the form and identification to our office with the appropriate fee in U.S. funds by cash, check or money order.


Only those authorized by 50-15-121 MCA and 37.8.126 ARM, which includes the registrant (14 years old or older), the registrant’s spouse, children (with proof of relationship), parents, grandparents (with proof of relationship), a caretaker relative, guardian, an authorized representative, or those who provide documentation showing it is needed for determination or protection of the individuals personal or property rights. Proof of relationship, guardianship, caretaker relative, or authorization is required to obtain a certify copy of a birth record.

Step-relatives, in-laws, aunts, uncles, cousins, ex-spouses, and a natural parent of an adoptive child are not eligible to receive a certified copy of a birth certificate.

Application for a Birth Certificate (pdf)

Application for a Death Certificate (pdf)


All transfers of interest in real property must be accompanied by a fully completed Montana Realty Transfer Certificate (RTC) to be recorded.  The downloadable RTC form below can be filled in online and printed to submit with your document.

Realty Transfer Certificate (pdf)

Personal Property Reporting Form (pdf)

Home | Departments | Boards | Elections | Minutes | Maps | Links | Department Head Contact | Site Map

Contact Clerk & Recorder | Contact Commissioners | Contact Treasurer | Contact Sheriff